The Development Organization “NEW METROPOLITAN ATTICA SA” aims to be a major reference point for the promotion of regional and local development for the enhancement of social cohesion and for improving the quality of life both in and beyond Attica.
The Development Organization “NEW METROPOLITAN ATTICA SA” was created with the purpose of contributing to the planning and actualization of development initiatives and projects which support the wider developmental targets and priorities of the Region of Attica, and evolve into a development branch and essential tool for the region and the other shareholders (the Regional Development Fund of Attica, the City of Athens)
On a broader scale, the Development Organization constitutes a body which collects, synthesizes and redistributes information, know-how, resources and services to Local and Regional Administrations, Public Administrations on a national and European level, citizens, businesses and professionals.
More specifically, the objective of the Development Organization “NEW METROPOLITAN ATTICA SA” includes:
• The provision of scientific, consultancy and technical support to the Region of Attica and its Municipalities, to A and B level Local Administration Bodies throughout the country as well as their various divisions, legal entities, and to Municipal and Regional collaboratives.
• The active support and involvement in the planning, maturation and actualization of development projects and interventions of the aforementioned organizations.
• The attraction and efficient setting up of investments with significant developmental, socioeconomic and environmental impact.
• The promotion of entrepreneurship and employment, and their integration with contemporary knowledge and innovation, with the aim of generating substantive benefits for the economy and society as a whole.
• The enhancement of social cohesion and the improvement of everyday life and quality of life for the citizens.
To enhance the quality of its services, the Development Organization has developed and implements a Quality Management System (QMS) in accordance with the requirements of the ELOT EN ISO 9001:2015 standard.
The Management of the Organization is committed to:
• the effective implementation of the QMS
• the application of the requirements of the project management legislation
• ensuring effective internal and external communication
• the best possible management of the resources available for the implementation of the projects
• securing the necessary resources to meet the requirements of the QMS and its continuous improvement
• maintaining responsibility for the overall management in case of outsourcing to third parties the implementation of processes related to the QMS
This Policy is publicly available, supported by measurable objectives and reviewed annually by the Organization’s Management.